Available 24/7 (888) 752-0533
Nosotros Hablamos Español (888) 488-5048
Serious Legal Experience for Serious Injuries We Won't Settle for Any Less Than You Deserve

Widower Awarded 5 1 Million in Florida Truck Accident Claim

In November of 2009, a Florida jury awarded $5.1 million to David Finkelstein, whose wife, Ingrid, was killed in a tractor-trailer accident in 2006. The couple had been driving their Honda minivan on the Palm Coast when a collision with a large truck killed Ingrid instantly. In the Florida wrongful death lawsuit, Finkelstein accused the truck driver of negligence for failing to stop at a stop sign. The jury held the driver liable for 60% of the damages, and the driver’s employer liable for the remaining 40%.

Wrongful Death Actions After a Florida Truck Accident

In Florida, if someone is killed in a truck accident due to the other driver’s negligence, the surviving members of the victim’s family can sue for compensatory damages. The damages can include medical and funeral expenses, as well as losses such as family guidance, companionship, household services and chores, and any pain and suffering that was caused by the family member’s death.

Fatal truck accident claims can be extremely complex, as the federal government has enacted legislation that specifically regulates issues of liability in the event of a truck crash. If you have lost a loved one because of a truck accident, you may be able to file suit against an at-fault truck driver, as well as a negligent trucking company, or additional third party. A Central Florida truck accident lawyer can ensure that you are able to hold all negligent parties accountable for their grievous oversights in your wrongful death claim.

To learn more about wrongful death claims after a Florida truck accident, read our article, Filing For Wrongful Death After a Florida Truck Accident.

The Central Florida wrongful death attorneys at Lilly, O’Toole & Brown understand the complexities involved in a wrongful death lawsuit resulting from a fatal truck accident in Florida. We are committed to protecting your best interests and helping you collect the damages you and your family need and deserve to move on with your lives. Contact our firm today to schedule your consultation; (863) 533-5525.