Commercial trucks are often the most intimidating vehicles on the road.
And when they cause an accident, they usually inflict a significant amount
of damage. It is for this reason that the Federal Motor Carrier Safety
Administration (FMCSA) established a list of regulations regarding the
safe operation of commercial motor vehicles. When these rules are broken
you may be able to prove trucking company negligence in your Florida truck
Some of the FMCSA rules regarding the safe operation of commercial trucks include:
- Prohibiting the influence of drugs and/or alcohol while operating a commercial motor vehicle
- Regulating the inspection and use of equipment, such as tires, mirrors, and brakes
- Regulating the inspection of cargo, to ensure that loads are secure and will not obstruct a driver’s view
- The proper use of emergency signals
- Safe driving under extreme conditions
A truck driver’s failure to abide by these rules can cause another driver to suffer injury or death. If you have been injured by a truck driver’s negligence, you may have the basis for a Florida truck accident injury claim. To learn more about trucking company regulations and negligence visit our library.
A Florida truck accident lawyer at Lilly, O’Toole & Brown can help you sort through the often overwhelming issues that may present themselves in the course of a truck accident claim. We are committed to protecting your best interests and helping you collect the damages you and your family need and deserve to move on with your lives. Contact our firm today to schedule your consultation; (863) 533-5525.