Central Florida’s Orange and Polk counties rank among the top 10 Florida counties for fatal accidents. If you have lost a loved one because of the negligence of another, a Central Florida accident lawyer will take the time to evaluate your case and help you file a wrongful death claim.
Top 10 Florida Counties for Fatal Accidents
According to the 2009 Florida crash statistics, the top 10 Florida counties for fatal accidents include:
- Miami-Dade County - 259 fatal accidents.
- Broward County - 189 fatal accidents.
- Palm Beach Country - 151fatal accidents.
- Hillsborough County - 141 fatal accidents.
- Orange County - 141 fatal accidents.
- Duval County - 114 fatal accidents.
- Pinellas County - 104 fatal accidents.
- Polk County - 94 fatal accidents.
- Volusia County - 94 fatal accidents.
- Lee County - 80 fatal accidents.
The trend indicates that Miami-Dade County has been the county with the highest number of fatalities since 2005. At the same time, the number of fatalities in Miami-Dade County has also steadily declined since 2005.
While 2009 Florida crash statistics can reveal patterns, they don’t predict whether you will be an actual victim in a Florida accident. If you have been injured in an accident in Florida, contact a Central Florida accident lawyer today.
Contact a Central Florida Accident Lawyer Today
A Central Florida accident lawyer at Lilly, O’Toole & Brown can work with you to fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact our firm today to schedule your consultation – 863-533-5525.